Subject: [Leica] In Memory
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:34:26 -0700

Very moving. Thanks.

Looking up the Twin Towers was one of my first memories after moving to
America.

We were visiting NYC in early Sept. 2001. Took the kids up the Statue of
Liberty for the first time in my life.

I first heard of the news from the photo list (the OM list) I was on, of all
things. I took the kids to their school. Numbed, not sure what to think or
what to say to them. Friends came over. My wife woke up later and saw the TV
was on and knew something was wrong as we never have the TV on.

My sister was pregnant with twins and saw the fire and smoke in her
apartment in Brooklyn. After I got through to my father, blessed his heart,
he was wondering whether he should go down to see what's going on. This was
before the towers came down. I told him to stay home.

There were no plane on the sky for 3 days. The one or two that we saw, we
prayed and saluted, for they probably carried the emergency workers.