Subject: [Leica] not sure - but here goes
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

The H mounts on the Phase backs allow for orientation either way; There are
bottom hooks and latches on 2 adjacent sides. So you can shoot landscape or
portrait without turning the camera on it's side... And there is one with a
sensor that rotates without taking the back off; the 75 I believe. But it
does
not have the largest sensor. My 3 generation old Aptus 22 has a larger
sensor
resulting in a multiplier of about 1.1 for the Hassy.

As for having to take the back off and rotate it manually, the only fear is
dropping it. But I had the same fear with the Flexbody (which you must take
off
to focus/frame) and learned a long time ago to hold on tight. The other
issue
some may think of is dust on the sensor. I have not noticed that (and have
been
surprised). Just doesn't seem to be as much of a magnet as the 35's sensors.
Maybe  because you aren't dismounting and mounting a lens so close to it
that
schmutz from the mount area gets on the sensor. I don't know, but I do know
it
is far less of a problem.

I think I said in an earlier post that my 22MP back was about $3,500. Sold
originally 5 years ago for $25,000. I'll get the 45+ (or maybe the 65+!!!)
in
another few years hopefully.
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA