Subject: [Leica] M9 firmware upload problems
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:58:16 +0100

Hi Bill,
The important things are to format the card in the camera, that creates the
empty DCIM folder BTW. Don't delete it.
Drag the unzipped firmware file to the card, or copy it to the card if you
have microsoft. It must be at the top level of the card, if you look at the
card after you've copied it you will see the only things on it are a DCIM
folder and the firmware file. If they are not at the same level, ie the
first and only things you see when you open the card, the firmware is in the
wrong place.
I have updated M8, M8.2 and M9 thus and it has worked OK.
Good luck,
Frank