Subject: [Leica] TSA publishes poster depicting photographers as terrorists
From: andrew.nv1b at gmail.com (Andrew Moore)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:35:27 -0400

> Perhaps next they'll decide they'd rather not have us shooting in the bus
terminals or rail way stations?

They already did in Boston in Sept. 2002, no doubt elsewhere.  I went to NYC
to do the "year after" thing, with 501cm and M6 35/2, and as I photographed
the waiting area in the South Station terminal, got harassed by "security."
Ended up sitting the Hassy on the table and stealthily snapping one of my
favorite images, of a guy at adjacent table reading newspaper with GIANT
headline "WAR" showing, as "We" considered going to war with Iraq (and ended
up doing so 6 months later).  That was the only medium format image worth
saving from the trip.  In retrospect would have ditched the 501 and gone 35
only.

NO ARCHIVE

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] TSA publishes poster depicting photographers as terrorists)