Subject: [Leica] To Robert Doisneau
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 19:30:53 -0700

Lluis Ripoll Querol SHOWED:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Sitges/L1015405bww.jpg.html
> M8, Elmarit 24/2.8 Asph
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Sitges/L1015408bww2.jpg.html
> M8, Elmarit 28/2.8 Asph

Bon Soir mon ami,
I think it should be Bon Soiree? Because it probably is night over there!
:-)

I like both of these. Although I'd have preferred the first a little
lighter. You handle these low light night situations beautifully and I have
no doubt Robert Doisneau would be honoured to have such fine photographs as
a dedication and salute to him!

I believe he said... "Brilliant sunlight is an enemy of photographers. Give
me overcast, clouds, rain, fog, mist and winter weather! Rather than the
brilliance of the sun!" Or the quotation is very close to that!

However I do believe he added... "Unless you are doing travel
photography.... then the sun is OK!" :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] To Robert Doisneau)