Subject: [Leica] Flare Question......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:45:51 -0700

I got some flare from my 90 Elmarit M ( the one with the built in hood)...
and I was surprised.

The (partial) background ( and source of the flare) was the reflected light
from a very bright wall, the foreground ( also called subject material) was
a group of dancers under a tall roof.....  so I was shooting under the roof,
while the wall was a long way away, but visible in a corner of the image
area

Exposure was 1 / 250 at F2.8... background would have been sunny 16..... F16
at 1 /160....  M8, UV/IR Filter on the lens.

Do you think I would have had the same results if I had used a different 90?
AA?

PS.. Did not get flare using my Tri Elmar.....F4 @ 1/125... same camera
position, obviously different field of view....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Flare Question......)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Flare Question......)