Subject: [Leica] 35 mm format is best?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:40:46 -0500 (CDT)

Welcome back Ted, we missed you.

gene

----- Original Message -----
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:07:38 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 mm format is best?

AA said:

>>My favorite Ansel Adams quote is his response when he was asked what the
best camera is: "the biggest one you're willing to carry".  <<<<<<,

Actually common sense logic dictates that it shoud be...

"The best for the assignment about to be shot!"

That's the right answer!  HOWEVER? I suppose if yer shooting rocks and ferns
and non-breathing things a big camera "might be" the best? Then is the
assignment shooting macro super close-ups? So his answer is pointless when
it comes to what I say.. "The assignments dictate what type of camera and
size is!"

I'm back! ;-)

Dr. ted