Subject: [Leica] Searching?
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:08:29 -0700

George wrote:
"Historically I've always thought that words and photographs play very well
together;
more often than not becoming more powerful than either alone
(if both are well composed with serious intent).
Regards,
George Lottermoser"

It's an interesting subject. I have yet to find an objective criterion for
"well composed". I will, however, allow that whenever I have picked up a
book of very good photographs, each of which was accompanied by the
photographer's verse, I did not buy the book. By contrast I enjoy my copy of
Mary Austin's "Land of Little Rain" with Ansel Adams's photographs whose
legends repeat a line or a phrase from her text.

Oliver

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Searching?)