Subject: [Leica] 35 mm format is best?
From: tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:56:05 +0200

Well, I'll have to disagree on that one? Acreage is surely important?
if and only if you use same quality optics.
I used to shoot the works of artists for catalogs and books with a MF
Mamiya or a Bronica. 6x7cm.
The revelation came the day an artist asked me to double the shoot
with 35mm slide he needed for a projection. I used a Leica R and a
50/2 for that.
When the slides came back in MF and 35mm, it was obvious that the 35mm
slides were far better than the stuff made with MF. This was not only
about sharpness or resolution, but also about colour accuracy and
rendition. The artist believed that the 35mm slides looked better than
his original paintings. Leica optics were far better than the optics
of Bronica or Mamiya I had at that time (end of the 80's)?

YMMV

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
<http://www.tarekcharara.com>

NO ARCHIVE

Le 26 ao?t 10 ? 23:27, Mark Rabiner a ?crit :