Subject: [Leica] Warning cat picture
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:15:16 +0200

Yeah, I'm working on him. When I say "on my door-mat", I really mean
literally. This guy has decided there is no reason to budge anymore
since the food comes to him. The longest he's been away from the mat
is 20 minutes. We've had a storm with powerful winds and rain the last
two days. I had to put double-sided tape on the mat to hold it down.

Jeffery, he's definitely got a wild streak in him, but not totally
wild. That's what I can't figure. He'll let me touch him and will now
even go in a circle around me, as long as I just pet him. The
slightest hint that I make a grip to pick him up and BAM! out with
that paw. He slaps hard. The first one, the warning one, without a
claw. The second one, if he thinks I haven't taken the hint, is for
real. But when we pet him, he just kneads and kneads and purs purs.

It was easy to de-worm him. The first few days he wolfed down the food
in as few gulps as possible. Never suspected there was some medicine
in there. But to get him neutered ... might be able to trick him into
a cat cage (I doubt it), but getting him out again and handling him if
you managed ... time isn't ripe.

Not a very good "watch-cat". Every evening, at around 7:30, the
porcupine comes and eats any dry food he's left, right out from under
his nose. He doesn't even make a move.

He likes for us to leave the door open. It's better now, now that he
can hear a little, but for a while he was dependent on visuals. That
was just fine for the porcupine. Next thing you knew you heard a
"scratch, scratch, scratch" on the wood floor from its little claws as
it made its way into the kitchen where our two have their food.

Waiting impatiently for his mat to be taped down:

http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/s2010/20100501-2010v33-01-1-1.jpg.html

I can't figure out where Lightroom is getting the date information
from. I scanned this just a couple of days ago. My scan is called
"2010v33-01.tif". Whem I import it into Lightroom I leave the setting
more or less the same as I do for digital raw files and let Lightroom
insert the date as part of the file name. I can't figure out where it
is picking up May 1. Maybe Vuescan is inserting some static
information into the tif. I'm scanning from my working computer, a
MacBook and all dates are just fine. Oh well ...