Subject: [Leica] Anyone shooting the FLE 35mm Summilux ASPH?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:33:48 -0700

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, EPL <manolito at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Does the 2-element Aspherical Summilux 35/1.4 display focus shift on
> digital
> Leicas?

Yes, but slightly less, if I recall correctly, than the 35/1.4 ASPH.
The spherical aberrations were slightly more evenly controlled for
different focus distances, making the rendering somewhat more pleasant
in my opinion.  This also makes focus shift less.

I don't have an aspherical anymore - but the person who bought the one
I had lets me use it for testing.  It's very important - Leica's first
modern aspherical element M lens (after the aborted start with the 1.2
Noctilux).

Marty

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Anyone shooting the FLE 35mm Summilux ASPH?)