Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ted's Birthday
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 01:17:24 -0400

  My son Ted turned 13 years old today.  A teenager.

1) Here he is around midnight,  playing the guitar and reading music off
the internet

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/portraits/L1033411.JPG.html

(In this picture, I'll concede I could have used another stop of that
magic D700 photon powder to get a faster shutter speed.)

As a sentimental aside, my very first Noctilux pictures (borrowed
Noctilux and M6) were of Ted and his sister about 9 years ago:

http://www.shinozuka.org/f1/index.html

2) Today I gave Ted a "nice" pocket camera for his birthday, a Panasonic
FX48 with a Leica 25-125 lens.  Kind of like a 3/4 scale DLUX4 at 1/4
the price.  Here's both of us taken with the Lumix:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/album_001/xP1000105.jpg.html

Noisy at 800, but a huge step up from the cameraphone he's been lately
using.  I think he'll like it.

-rei

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Ted's Birthday)
Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] IMG: Ted's Birthday)