Subject: [Leica] Rain rain rain rain rain!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:00:36 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/100822_145100.jpg.html

Today its NOT HOT and humid like it tends to be in NY in the all the long
summer.
But mid 70's because of the rain. That's mid 20's Celsius for most of you
folks out there on Earth.
It's a great relief. My air conditioner is a little confused. Gives its
Compressor bells a shake to ask if there is some mistake. I'm happy to hear
the little sounds of raindrops on it washing off the pigeon residue.

I stuck my honking long zoom on my D200 which had a body cap on it (ready
for anything!) and snapped a few of this rain outside and on my window.
Using full manual on the auto iso.
F 5.6 at a 1000th and be there; at whatever iso. Is what I ended up
shooting.
But I see here I ended up using one of the very first shots. Which was
Shutter priority 500th. The iso it picked was 900 but I left in plenty of
noise as I didn't want to dull the speeding rain drops. They don't slow up
for nothin.
The focal length I used says 112 so I could have used any number of other
lenses which were more handy or faster or smaller... Than the 70-300mm ED
zoom I did use. Which I'd not used in a year or more. And I plan using a lot
this week. Its not that much of a monster to walk down the street with. And
300 x 1.5 equals 450mm's. Wow!  You can get shots across the street with
that one.

With the CS5 brings a cropping option in the raw opening thing which is 16/9
ratio. I love 16/9 its enough to make me go out and get one of those TV
sets. Which I hear dominate the TV set industry right now. I'd love a camera
like that dlux 4 or 3 which did that. That's the real shape of the sensor.

I also love to see the rule of thirds when I open a shot in raw now and
crop. Lots of my shots I shoot quite loose so I'll rethink them with the
thirds in front of me as I crop. And I have a bumper crop this year.
I read that the thirds was a rounded of way of doing a royal golden thing
but I'm betting that's baloney. How could that be true?

Anyway I'm new to shooting something and posting it moments later.
Kind of turns my head around. This may be the first time.
Does this shot smell of Rapid fix it seems I could not have washed it all
off in 45 seconds?

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com