Subject: [Leica] a shot in the dark - life at iso 25600
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:18:32 -0500

I use 12,800 quite a bit (Canon 5D MkII and Canon L zooms).  If I get
some shadow noise I can fix that with Topaz.  I've never really warmed
up to the proposition of using 1.0 or so lenses instead of higher ISO's,
since I need DOF often also.  6,400 and below is just fine.  I think one
attraction of the high-ISO SLR's is the ability to use zooms.  OK now
off to Barnes & Noble to check the better photo mag I look at sometimes
but seldom buy.

Ken Carney

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] a shot in the dark - life at iso 25600)