Subject: [Leica] someone want to sell me a developing tank & 120 reels?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:32:42 -0400

Even tanks which come with metal lids the first thing you want to do is
replace them with rubber ones. Yes the little tiny cap at the very top but
also in most cases the entire cap. Use a black rubber one. They are sold
individually. Obviously it is possible to get one every once in a while
which may not work on your tank if your tank has a fluted top end. But most
the times they will. And most tanks are straight.
Part of the reason is tight no leaking fit. But the main reason is a rubber
tanks makes for liquid pouring through must faster than the metal ones.
With a metal tanks its not all that advised to try to pour a  liter of water
though. It takes a full minute or more. A rubber top it takes 20 seconds. A
nice amount of time. If all you have is a metal tank in the dark fill the
tank then lower the reels in. a pain in the b.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com