Subject: [Leica] The Answer to My LR3 Catalog Import Issue
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:40:50 -0500

You will recall I was getting an 'Unknown Error' message when trying
to import LR catalogs from my laptop to my desktop via an external
hard drive.

The answer was found by several Adobe employees who saw my post on one
of their discussion forums and dug in to find the problem.

The answer is: You cannot import a catalog into a root (top level)
folder. I was specifying my F:\ drive as the location for the catalog
import to go to.  The program requires you to first create a folder on
the drive and then import the catalog (and images) into that folder.

I am told it is too late to do the testing necessary to fix this in
6.2 but it will be on the list for a fix in a later release.

I hope this answer saves someone else the frustration I had.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] The Answer to My LR3 Catalog Import Issue)