Subject: [Leica] Monitor
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:04:42 +1000

AUD 2,100 worth of lens caps??? No way I'm selling four of them just to
replace my monitor.

I lusted after the best of the Eizo range for ages but now the newest NEC PA
range appeal to me greatly. In some aspects actually better specced than the
top Eizo's and so cheap....not. Well compared to Eizo's cheap ;-).
Every time I look at my particular Dell 24 (2405FPW) now I am
disgusted. It's now calibrated again (my EyeOne died) and looks neutral but
the display is banded and very pedestrian. Fine for all normal purposes of
course, just that I would enjoy the advantages of the pro products for image
editing. By the way my Dell has no new firmware update as it's several years
old and it refuses to work with my new ATI FirePro card at all. mmmm 10 bit
aah.
Then my Summilux 35 arrived months earlier than expected. Sigh.
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

NO ARCHIVE