Subject: [Leica] Today is 8/9/10 and Lightroom screws up my file layout.
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:21:15 +0100

I file my pictures on my hard drive under a descriptive title then with sub
folders in date order. I have done this for years. It has always been easy
to navigate to wherever I want in every piece of software I have ever used.
Until Lightroom.
When I got Lightroom first I found it moved all my pictures somewhere else
of it's own choosing, duplicating them in the process, which was
inconvenient and wasteful. I found eventually that I could import them
without moving them and the file I had put them in showed up in Lightroom as
a folder under the name I had given it. The first 10Gb of pictures I
imported this way into lr3 are apparently in the catalog somewhere, since it
won't let me re-import them, but I can not find them anywhere in the
catalog, and my chosen named folder (where they still are stored physically
I have checked) does not show up anywhere I have been able to find in
Lightroom. I am therefore unable to do anything with them. Including simply
look at them.
God I hate programmers who think they know better than I do how I want to
file things. Ahhhhhhhh!
Frank

Sent from my iPad