Subject: [Leica] OT : Tripod recomendations
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:35:20 -0400

My very first Gitzo was a Reporter.  I had to take a picture of it
because I knew you guys would appreciate this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/techie/L1060012.JPG.html

This is the way it came from the factory!  I think it was some sort of
commemoration.  It was on the cover of Modern Photography back in the
second half of the 80s, and as an impressionable newbie I knew in my
heart I had to have it!

It's ever the great tripod, but the 1228 is half the weight and all of
the stiffness, so the tricolor sits in its case, being pretty.

-rei