Subject: [Leica] Oly e510?
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:59:20 -0500

Ric,

The E-510 was my first DSLR, and is the one I am currently using the most.
It is 4/3 format, crop factor of 2, and has in-body IS that can be tuned in
the firmware to the lens FL.

I am currently using a Zuiko Digital lens most of the time, but have used
Pentax and Leica-R lenses extensively.  Of course, with these, it's focus
wide open, then stop down to shoot.

Manual focusing through the VF is good with the longer lenses, gets more
iffy with WA.  With the shorter lenses, I often use zone focusing.

It also offers Live View focusing on the rear screen, but this is best
limited to tripod work.

If you have questions, let me know. The manual is on my desk.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA