Subject: [Leica] Leica rumors
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 17:32:11 -0400

The problem with "happy snaps" is when you're out doing one of them you
never know if one of the times you click the shutter its not going to be the
single greatest click of your photo clicking lifetime. My best shots were
always like that I think. Walking to the supermarket with my camera.
Then you end up Making your "million dollar shot" or shot of your lifetime
taken with a needlessly small format and above average optics.
What Leica is supposed to be all about is that you can have one with you and
capture a moment and the quality of the image is high. Enabling a very large
blow up.
 "small negative large pictures".
A Leica M does not fit in your pants pocket but there are still ways of
having one on you with no huge inconvenient change of lifestyle. A small
side bag. A light jacket with big pockets.

In the 90's when we were shooting film there were  all kinds of pocket
cameras which gave us the same 24x36 format than a camera a gal shooting a
major catalog would be using on a camera weighing many pounds.
Now we are in the beginnings of digital and if you get a small happy snap
camera its hard not to get one without dumbed down stupidly small capture
format.
The X1 from Leica would be one of the few exceptions. Or the next model with
the bugs squarsed.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com