Subject: [Leica] To the collector experts, is this a fake? Leica 1913-1983 number I547
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:26:10 -0400

The Chinese store has two on sale, one in the proper range, one outside.

I recall that there were once some "test top plates" floating around,
with some very intriguing engraving.  But clearly "not official", and
likely should have been destroyed, rather than making it into the public.

I personally have top deck a fake M4-P 1913-1983 top deck with "I565",
and I thought that being outside of the "500" range re-assured me that
it would never be mistaken for a real unit.

...Vick

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] To the collector experts, is this a fake? Leica 1913-1983 number I547)
Message from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] To the collector experts, is this a fake? Leica 1913-1983 number I547)