Subject: [Leica] To the collector experts, is this a fake? Leica 1913-1983 number I547
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:16:16 +0200

Hi Vick,

Dennis Laney mentions an additional series of (?) cameras sold in the
USA as 3 different sets sets with a lens, motor and combi-case and
engraved Leica 1913 - 1983.

He also mentions that they were sold with a certificate of authenticity.

Whether the numbering convention was carried forward, he doesn't say.

The camera number belongs to a series of silver M4-Ps, so at least that
is right

Cheers
Douglas