Subject: [Leica] What are the rumors around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:20:54 -0400

As far as "the lenses are only slowly trickling to the market." goes click
on this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=274&N=4288584247+4291372330
Or
http://tinyurl.com/35kynbb
I saw this the other night.
B&H seems to have quite a few to choose from.
8 different flavors.
But plain or peanut depending on if you want a crunchy shutter in it or not.
Ranging in price from four and a half grand; to seven and a half grand.
Don't most late breaking M designs cost more than that?

When I saw this I thought with B&H fully stocked the S system is a present
reality. Not in the future tense.
To me there is not question as to its success..
And by the way no R.
Perhaps in another year a cheaper S body with a smaller format senor. Only
slightly bigger than 24x36. But smaller than 30x45. A slight crop circle
factor.
I don't see him going  back to non AF R system.
I think that's looked upon by the Leica company people as a non success
they'd rather at this point keep it in the past.
How many times in history had ANY company discontinued a line of cameras
then brought them back.
Popular demand?
99 parent of R users have moved on I sense. As in sold their stuff.

The S system is a bold stroke. A master stroke.
A coup de maitre. I just looked that up.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com