Subject: [Leica] What are the rumours around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:45:49 +0200

Gene,

I found the  R8/R9 to be a massive and much too smooth lump of a camera
compared with other R models, OM SLRs and Pentaxes like the MX - the
only thing that came near to it in size was the first Contax RTS with a
Real Time Winder.

I have reasonably large hands, and I didn't like feel of the last R
model at all.

The cameras that fit best in my hands are the Leica R7 with the handgrip
and winder and the Canon A-1 with a motor drive attached.

Although I generally now use a Canon 20D, I feel it is a rather chubby
camera that is quite difficult to grip and hold as steadily as a Leica R
SLR.

Cheers
Douglas