Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bumblebee
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:38:55 -0500

Hi Douglas,

I like the composition, and the sharp focus on the insect, but the OOF area
seems too prominent to me.  I would suggest trying, in the future, to go to
ISO 200 or 400, and stop down a couple of stops, to get more of the flower
head in focus.

I find that I am using f/10 for many of my closeups, to avoid this sort of
thing.  That may be too extreme for you, but you might try some compromise.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA