Subject: [Leica] AA or Uncle Earl?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:52:00 +0200

Ah, but I have an original print of this:
http://tedgrantphoto.com/Pierre%20Trudeau%20sliding.htm
signed by the master himself.

And while I have not yet had the chance of shaking Ted's hand, I have hosted
his grandson Kyle a couple of years ago and hope to meet Ted within the next
year!

If I am lucky I may meet Ansel too some day, but not just yet please ;-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.nathanfoto.com
Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog

YNWA

On Aug 1, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> My print you mean? It is this one from 1945, taken with an 8x10 view
> camera.
> It is printed to the negative size but is not a contact print.
>
> http://www.anseladams.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5010125&Show=ExtInfo
>
> You can read the technical details from there if interested. I have a very
> well printed book (Yosemite and the High Sierra) which contains this
> photograph too but of course the print is very best thing to hold and
> admire
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 1 August 2010 15:20, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you recall if it was late in his career when he was shooting with the
>> Hasselblad or earlier with sheet film?
>>
>> --
>> Mark William Rabiner
>> mark at rabinergroup.com
>>

>>> From: Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
>>> Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 14:33:34 +1000
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] AA or Uncle Earl?
>>>
>>> Mine is a silver gelatin print from an original negative, printed by Alan
>>> Ross. I don't claim any rarity or collectibility for that of course but
>>> there is just one source and one skilled darkroom printmaker for these
>>> and has been since 1975 after he worked as Ansel Adams' assistant. If it
>> was
>>> exceedingly rare or collectible then I simply couldn't justify spending
>>> perhaps 8 or 10,000 dollars or more for a print. However it is from
>> Ansel's
>>> creation, has been meticulously made and is gorgeous to my eyes. My print
>> is
>>> professionally and archivally framed and hangs where I can look at it and
>>> enjoy it every single say. I don't have anything from Yosemite that I
>> shot
>>> hanging within sight of it ;-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff