Subject: [Leica] Rating Kodachrome K64 at what ISO?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:00:08 -0400

You should state what "rate" means exactly.
If it means "pulling" which would also involve less development. And then
less contrast.
And that's a number you are giving the people who run your film.

Most serious shooters tend to under expose their slides.
They might "rate" their film higher to do this. With no change in
development. "rate in this case means the iso setting on their meter.
But most go with the number on the box. Keep the development the same.
But are carful to expose "for" the highlights which means they are making
sure they don't lose them.
Bracketing has remained a basic technique for serious slide shooting.
Its good to have chooses and options.

--
Mark William Rabiner
mark at rabinergroup.com