Subject: [Leica] EU beef imports
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 07:08:11 +0200

All rich countries with the exception of NZ protect and subsidize their
agriculture. The EU is no worse than the US in this regard.

As for European consumers' unwillingness to eat GM food and hormone-treated
beer, I wonder who is naive here. it is telling that the US and big food
companies are unwilling to even LABEL foodstuffs as containing GM
crops--apparently, informing the consumer what is in the box is bad for
business...

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain