Subject: [Leica] Exceptional Contemporary Documentary Imagery
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:27:32 +1000

I can certainly understand people's reactions. Personally I dislike the
images and do consider that they represent a viewpoint rather than a
documentary. That might be said about a great deal of photographic work.
The very fact that people are reacting with considerable feeling/emotions
just proves exactly what Montie has said in his first post

"Reminded again of the awesome power potential of the still image to evoke
emotion, thought, and sometimes action"

For me that is what the post was about rather than whether the content was
accurate or people's individual views on being omnivores etc. That is not in
any way meant to cahllenge those views nor comment on them.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman