Subject: [Leica] IMG: Family
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:13:58 +0100

Sadly George, your observations are not unique.
One of the things that used to really get my goat when I worked for BT
was people bringing their laptops and / or Blackberries/Smartphones to
team meetings.
Because people wouldn't (or couldn't) pay attention, meetings became
protracted, unproductive affairs.  I can't see how someone can pay
attention and contribute when they are responding to emails, instant
messages or worse, just surfing the 'net for the latest shiny thing.

I still fail to see how messages from whatever media can be so important
as to need an instantaneous response.

This probably makes me seem like a luddite, but I don't think I am.  I
just feel that there is a time and place for tech.  Meeting rooms or
social gatherings are not the place.  IMHO of course...

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk