Subject: [Leica] IMG: friday flowers with a different sort of twist, tilt and shift
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:35:14 -0500

It would be extremely difficult to describe exactly that which your
curiosity seeks.
I can only say that every movement was adjusted:
rise, fall, shift, tilt, and swing;
on both front and rear standards.

I love working with this precision instrument.
Once the optical bench has been set up near a subject
the fun begins with micro adjustments of
1. exactly where the lens is in relation to the subject
        with front micro focus, rise, fall and shift
2. exactly where the sensor is relation to the lens and within the image
circle
        with rear micro focus, rise, fall and shift
3. exactly where the plane of focus is
        with both front and rear tilt and swing

I recommend >right click on the image >open in new window
and then click on the image in the new window to achieve maximum image size
and see that there is some significant in focus detail on the left as well.

Of course even with this tool one can't achieve depth of field beyond the
laws of physics.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com