Subject: [Leica] photographing the homeless
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

>From Kyle:

> I shot this with my iLeica.
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/omar-tweetie-1200.jpg

Terrific photo.  Looks a little too much processed for my taste, but a it's
a really nice moment.

> Love to hear your thoughts & opinions on the history of photography &
> homelessness & what books you like.

I'm hugely impressed with this audio slideshow by Eric Johnson:

http://duckrabbit.info/blog/2010/07/i-thought-that-i-was-in-the-belly-of-the-beast/

The photography's first rate, but what pulls the whole thing together is the
voice of Carl Foye, the homeless man who's Johnson's subject.

Stay tuned to the end -- there's a wonderful payoff.

--John

John Edwin Mason, Photography
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com
Charlottesville and Cape Town