Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware 2.005
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:17:57 +1000

Frank I think that it is unrealistic to expect new features to be added
after the model has been officially discontinued for 10 months now. Ongoing
firmware availability and repair support certainly should continue of course
and I'm sure that update was welcome to neutralise the discreet/continuous
conflict.  I don't think that you have been forgotten. Sounds like a
dangerous plan to try to hack the firmware unless you don't mind risking
owning a paperweight/conversation starter to show fellow shooters!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman