Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:00:49 -0400

It absolutely distorts the meaning of the photo. Undeniably. In the
original, the President is seen in thought and in discussion with two
other people.
In the altered photo featured on the cover, the President is seen in a
one lone man against the spill. It is also construed that the image is
a comment on his failure with the handling of the oil spill.
Just because it was done in Life, doesn't mean it was right either back
then and those editors knew it. But they had to sell issues. In the
case of the Economist, they are a British publication and the
alteration of the original image politicized and dramatized the
original.
Absolutely unacceptable "darkroom" or not.

Phil Forrest