Subject: [Leica] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 10:54:05 -0600

Jim Nichols writes:

> I need to add an additional hard drive to my Dell Dimension 4700. I am
> seeking advice on the reliability of available SATA drives in the range of
> 250 to 640GB. I have used WD and Seagate Barracuda drives in the past, but
> find disturbing comments on the web on the reliability of their present
> products.
>
> I'm not out for blazing speed or a giant size drive. But, reliability is
> uppermost in my mind. Cool operation and low noise would follow.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Jim,

 purchased several hard drives in the last couple of months. Both Seagate
Baracudas and Hitachis. I think the Hitachis have the edge on build quality
and reliability right now. Of 7 Seagate drives 4 had firmware issues.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Seeking Hard Drive Advice)