Subject: [Leica] Shortwave radio
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:27:09 -0400

All of the above and several more. I was working with Sylvania who designed
much of the intercept equipment for the NSA. We were responsible for
designing the antenna field, the goniometer (a device for connecting and
switching the various sections of the antenna to form directional receptors
capable of picking up taxicab radios 1000 miles away) and the communication
receiver complex. The recorded intelligence signals were transmitted to NSA
headquarters and were out of our hands. All this is Cold War stuff and is
much different now with cell phones, satellites, and the internet.

Larry Z

- - - - -