Subject: [Leica] weird things afoot at castle cassidy....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:24:31 -0400

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/deadbird12.jpg

Trillian and I stayed up till midnight watching LOST which is finally
starting to get strange, we went to bed & locked the bedroom door (as is our
habit.) The cats couldn't be coaxed into the room because, you know, it's
hot and miserable in the rest of the house and they wanted to lay around
like tortured artists.

I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up, checked my email,
finally went back to bed around 5:30 and had a series of really fast &
strange dreams, I'd wake up after each one and immediately fall back to
sleep and instantly back into a dream. I don't remember any of them, but I
know they were at least semi lucid. I finally woke up around 7:30 in the
morning and got out of bed and there, on the night stand, next to the lamp
was a dead bird.

"Trillian," I said, "there's a dead bird here."

She sat up and looked over on the night stand; at the time I wasn't really
sure that I wasn't still asleep. The look on her face confirmed that I
wasn't hallucinating. It looked like someone had carefully laid it there,
centered on a lace doily. I picked it up -- it was dead, but still warm. We
checked the windows, they were closed and so were the doors. I looked out
into the hallway & all the cats were passed out on the carpet looking like
unfortunate throw rugs.

About four months ago we had a bird come down the chimney -- it drove
Roswell insane. She could hear it flitting around in there and finally it
shot out and flew through the house like a freaked out tennis ball,
frantically banging into things. I opened a window and it shot out. The only
thing I can figure is another one got in the house through the chimney flew
frantically around the house without us noticing made its way upstairs into
our bedroom and ... stayed there quietly (sitting on a bust of Pallas?)
until seven in the morning and then dropped dead of unknown causes without
making a sound.

It seems like a stretch, but short of Voodoo priests or
reverse-bird-burglars, it's the only thing I can think of. I wrapped the
bird up and took it outside but at the last minute brought it back in and
took a photo, just in case I wake up tomorrow and can't remember if it
actually happened or not.

It did. There's a dead bird on my coffee table.

There you go. Hope your Saturday is equally exciting.

Kyle

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] weird things afoot at castle cassidy....)
Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] M Lenses, GF-1 and Video)
Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] weird things afoot at castle cassidy....)