Subject: [Leica] Gold but not in a Fort Knox way
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 20:50:33 +0100

"philippe.amard" <philippe.amard at sfr.fr> wrote

Edradour 21 yo 1985/2006 Ch?teau Yquem finish (50.4%, Signatory, cask
#06/0093/1, 320 bottles)  Colour: gold. Nose: much more vinous,
smelling like a fortified wine (like Macvin or Pineau). Better
balanced I think. Nice notes of maple syrup, apricot pie, caramel-
topped pears? Mouth: sweet and round attack but it?s getting harsher
after a moment. Not too tannic but slightly sour. The Sauternes comes
through, with ripe apricots and maybe rose-flavoured Turkish delights.
Rather long finish, nicely balanced, with hints of fresh mushrooms.
Again, pleasant. 80 points.
<<<<<<<

Philippe, my wife is off tomorrow to the Isle of Arran in Scotland where
they have a much vaunted distillery which matures their wares in sherry
cases. I've asked her to bring me back a bottle.

The place is getting rave reviews and Prince William and Prince Harry have a
cask maturing there since 1997. The distillery seem to be very proud of it
and treat it with some ceremony.

http://www.youtube.com/user/arranwhisky?feature=mhw5#p/a/u/0/c_pC2REuZ9A

Douglas
_________