Subject: [Leica] Leica full-frame image
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:48:18 -0500

HTML clipboard

I have some nice old film cameras, and some Leica lenses that I rarely get
to see the whole frame because I use them on my M8.

A couple weeks ago, I posted that shot from Pentecost and it was OK, but I
didn't like the scans they do at Walgreens, on CDs; but they certainly are
convenient, just four blocks away.

I dread work, and  scanning is kind of like work, but I dug out the Nikon
Coolscan 5000, and plugged it in, and to my astonishment, it worked under
Windows 7 kinda, using a Vista driver.

I rescanned the film, and I kinda like it.

Oh yeah, before I could do that, I had to dismantle the scanner and clean
the mirror. (Word to the wise.  Keep your scanner covered when not in
use.)   (Further word to the wise:  Don't drink too much coffee before you
try to clean a scanner mirror.)

Anyhow, here is the full frame scan.    Below is the Walgreens scan

http://www.sonc.com/pentecost_2010.htm

Leica M2, 21mm Super Angulon f4, Fujicolor 400 scanned on Nikon Coolscan
5000

--
Regards,

Sonny