Subject: [Leica] Patterns
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:18:48 -0400

Jim,
That's a fine picture. But, of course it says more about the quality of the
camera (and photographer) than the batteries. But I also bought several
third party batteries for an E-500 and they all worked as well as the
original Olympus battery. The original battery, a BLM-1 was made in Japan
and is alleged to deliver 7.2 V. The third party batteries were made in
China and were marked 7.4 V. Of course the Evolt cameras were made in China
too.

Larry Z
- - - -

I purchased a couple of third party batteries for my Olys, so I put one in
the E-510 to see how it worked.  Seems to perform fine.  This image was one
of several that I made to see that the battery worked ok.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Patterns.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols

Tullahoma, TN USA