Subject: [Leica] Dubare
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:55:40 -0400

Jayanand,
That was an excellent set of photos of rural Indian life. On the titles in
the Lug Gallery I noticed that you were trying to shoot from the hip on
several shots. Quite some time ago a waist level finder was made for the
Leica III series by Demorney Budd. I may not have the name spelled exactly
right but I'm sure old timers remember it. Probably similar ones were made
by other manufacturers. They were not too popular since real photographers
shot waist level pics with a Rollei. But they did have the advantage that
you could face in one direction and take pictures in another. I never owned
one of these but I did rip a small waist level finder off a defunct folding
camera, fitted a shoe to it and used it in the accessory mount of my old
IIIc. It was small but it served the purpose. Sneaky.
Larry Z

Jayanand writes:
Kodagu, or Coorg as it used to be known, is a verdant coffee growing
area in South India at the tail end of the Western Ghats, a range of
mountains that run parallel to and just off the west coast of India.
My family had gone for a quick four day holiday early in May, and
these are photographs from the trip.

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Dubare)