Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sweetgrass Baskets
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:19:44 -0400

Yes!  You'd be very surprised at the prices.  I bought a few about 40 years
ago when they were still reasonable.  They are hundreds of dollars now!  I
have some photos of an old gentleman making them and I watched him most of
the afternoon.  He would tell tourists that if they had to ask how much the
baskets were, they couldn't afford them!!  He never would tell the price
until somebody committed to buy.  Of course, his baskets were selling better
than anybody else's!

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP