Subject: [Leica] Epic Grand Canyon Photo
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:05:37 -0400

I'd seen the Grand Canyon before, but this time I hiked four miles down into
it. Shockingly, four miles gets you NOWHERE. I imagine if you were good you
could actually cross the whole thing. I do wonder how long it would take.

You can't see the Colorado river in this shot, but you can see the channel
it's running through starting at about 9:00 and running up and to the right.
The Colorado Plateau being thrust upwards in the last 600 million years gave
the river it's power. The plateau's stopped rising and we've damned the
river so the canyon's not going to get much bigger any time soon.

Anyway, here's a photo, it's black and white, so it must be art. I'm quite
pleased with it:

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/kyle-cassidy-grand-canyon-1300.jpg

Had a really cool Leica-Run-In at some ruins in the middle of the desert,
but I'll leave you wondering until I get my travel diary written up....

kc

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Epic Grand Canyon Photo)
Reply from john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel) ([Leica] Epic Grand Canyon Photo)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Epic Grand Canyon Photo)