Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Spirits
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:30:10 -0400

I couldn't resist this one, not that I tried all that hard. Today is
Pentecost. fifty days After Easter. This is the day when Christians
in the Western Church celebrate God causing the Holy Spirit to
descend on the Apostles and the followers of Christ. (The Eastern
church does too, but their calendar is slightly different from ours.)
I go to St. Luke's  in Bethesda. It is our tradition for members of
our community to bring wine to be used for communion during the
coming year. We're Episcopalians. We fire live ammunition (as it
were) during communion. The Pastor of the Methodist church across the
street sometimes joins us for worship at our early service. She got
into the spirit of things and came over with a very nice bottle of
grape juice for us. We had a lot of fun. The jokes and puns (I'll
spare you!) poured forth.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Pentecost.jpg.html

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Barney