Subject: [Leica] AGA Stoves
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:29:19 +0100

Tina,

It's built like the proverbial, lasts forever and is relatively easily
maintained. They are much better now that you can regulate the heat levels
and
control the amount of fuel consumed. In effect you can put them on a timer,
like
you would the heating. The latest are fully programmable.

You have to learn how to cook with them, but it is only a case of adjusting
your
style a little. You can cook pretty much anything on them.

An Agacan also iron your bedding, clothes and what have you - but that is
part
of the lifestyle thing. I have a mug which says on the side "Mrs Aga could do
the ironing in her sleep". Fold it, put it on the top and leave it to the
morning (or for just about three to four hours and it's done.

In some parts they are also used for keeping new-born lambs warm if their
mother
rejects them!!

Go for it, they're great fun and become the centre of the home. I hated the
idea
at first but I am converted. The family can't imagine life without one!

Peter

--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] AGA Stoves)