Subject: [Leica] Can anyone read a Mac formatted 1GB Iomega Jazz disk?
From: os.penguin at gmail.com (Forrest Herr)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 23:52:45 -0500

Other Options........
SCSI card/Linux

Any recent Ubuntu release *should* be able to read an HFS/HFS+ filesystem.
If it doesn't out of the box, all  you have to do is download a tiny
kernel module if the kernel doesn't support apple partition maps, and
maybe the HFS filesystem utilities package.
What's nice about Ubuntu is that the installation disc is a Live-CD,
so you can boot from the disc and have a nice Linux Environment that's
loaded into the RAM and it won't even touch your hard drive.
I've done it to connect to a Mac-formatted iPod once.

The question now becomes....

What sort of experience do you have  toying with computers?

Do you know how to write a .iso image file to disc?
Do you know how to boot from a CD?

If you can Boot from a Ubuntu CD you should be able to pull data off
your jaz disk

If this seems daunting, I'm pretty sure I have a SCSI card lying
around somewhere, (I don't have a jaz drive though)  but I can get
data off of anything provided I have the hardware.

-Forrest