Subject: [Leica] Christian Farmers
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:22:55 +0100

"Jim Shulman" <jshul at comcast.net> wrote
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/christian+farmers+sm.jpg.html

"Christian Farmers Outreach"
I like that!

Mind you, Christian Farmers would need pretty long arms to go around this
subject.

Thanks to Jim, I feel strong. I declined dessert today...

And after tonight's film club, I only had a half pint of Guinness. I may not
be too christian, but I feel positively saintly.

BTW some of you may be interested in the film (movie) I saw tonight. It's
"The Yellow Bittern" a documentary on Liam Clancy of the Clancy Brothers and
while I'd seen a dvd of it at home this was the first time I'd seen it on
the big screen.
It's impressive, beautifully photographed, and worth seeing. You may also
may note a "Thanks to Douglas Barry" in the credits...

I lent the crew a lightbox in an emergency. One of the crew rang my camera
club looking for one and I was able to oblige. After the showing tonight,
the director spoke about the film and later I got him to commit to doing a
talk about his work and his still photography influences at our club in the
autumn.

Anyway, despite my miniscule and biased involvement, I'd recommend the film.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow