Subject: [Leica] Anyone have any experience with Breguet Camera?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:05:34 -0400

Like the subject says, do any of our LUGgers have any experience with
Breguet Camera in Guangzhou City? They are a prominent *bay seller and
offer 6-bit LTM-M adapters at a very attractive price.
I ordered one and when it arrived, it looked to be a very high quality
adapter. The only problem is that the threads were cut off-axis, so
most LTM lenses sit about 60 degrees counter-clockwise from normal when
looking at the front of the camera.

The seller has really worked with me and been patient over the last
week while I've tried to figure out what was wrong. I've expressed my
desire to keep an open dialog with them and probably use them in the
future since it's the only low cost way to code LTM lenses aside from
the sharpie method that needs to be re-done after every two or three
lens changings.

All that said, has anyone actually been to this shop and spoken with
them? They seem very nice through email and very cooperative. I'm just
hoping someone knowledgeable about a bit of machine work and QC walks
in to fully explain the problem or have the Kipon factory QC problem
explained to them. At about $50USD per adapter, I'd code every LTM lens
of mine and leave the camera lens detection set to On+UV/IR.

Thanks all!
Phil Forrest

Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Rework of Yesterdays Big Sur Images)