Subject: [Leica] Bandhavgarh People
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:16:07 -0400

George Lottermoser wrote:

... I had very strange feelings when viewing the shots
of the parade of vehicles full of people.

Felt like a real disconnect between
looking into the bush
and
looking at the large group looking into the bush.
<<<

Likewise.  For me the experience of seeing a wild animal is empty if I'm
led to the animal and it's shown to me; it may as well be an illustration.
Learning its habits and haunts well enough to understand what makes it
'tick'; understanding its body language enough to read and avoid what makes
it uncomfortable, and being accepted in its habitat without fear (or being
eaten) are my goals.  The photograph is icing on the cake.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application